I know there are personal issues and tragedies that get in the way of building
an asset. After all, this hobby is about building and battling giant toy tanks
and there are a lot of things in life that need to come first.

That said, I can empathize with Neil. Even the "elitist old boys" are entitled
to an opinion. It's extremely frustrating for me to see the same people write
in for years without ever producing anything. Like Neil, I wonder why they
bother. Having a 'work in progress' implies that you are, indeed, making
progress. Frank once said to me that "For some people, writing on the forums is
as close as they'll ever come to building a tank". I would not have guessed
that he has more patience for this than I do, but there you go.

I believe the RC Tank combat site should remain for designated assets only.
It's the only tangible reward that can be given to someone for the huge amount
of effort it takes to produce something. Works in progress (or not) are welcome
to start their own blogs, as has been pointed out. If someone wants to start a
web circle or centralized blog to organize all the works in progress, then more
power to them. In that case, maybe Frank would add a link to that top-level
site from R/C Tank Combat. At least that is only one link for him to maintain
instead of dozens.