Hi Neil,
Things are moving, slowly of course, but I guess that's the way of it.
The steel for the hull is sitting in my workshop, and my welder's in
the bin. Started welding up some test pieces and it just went 'Phut'
and when the smoke cleared, no more welder! Replacement is on the way
though.

The tracks have moved on, I've negotiated a very good deal with a
local(ish) foundry, I'll be making the waxes and they'll assemble and
cast for the cost of material, sweet saving of £600 for them not
making up the mould and waxes!  I've just got to machine one pattern
and then make a rubber mould then we're off. As I'm producing the
waxes, they'll cast anything I supply in wax for the same cost per
cast. The suspension arms will be the first pieces cast (when I
complete the pattern and mould, then get some wax...)
I've had to make a few minor adjustments to the track segment design,
simply to provide a simpler and stronger linkage. I'm allowed to tweak
things here and there as this isn't meant to be a 100% perfect scale
model!

I'm thinking of using a silver-grey PVC rod (150mm Dia) to turn the
main road wheels from, I think it'll be strong enough. I'll make the
double wheels as one piece, cut a deep groove to make it look like two
wheels and put one bearing race each end of the wheel. The silver-grey
of the PVC should look like steel without the effort (or rust
problems)!

As soon as I get something worth taking pictures of I'll start a new
'Build' thread (so you can all heckle) the only thing I'll need to
work out is how to get pictures in my postings rather than putting
them into the files section. But that's not urgent at the moment.

Looking forward to having something to show!

Phil.