The UK air carriers will classify a paintball marker as a compressed air
weapon and bundle it under their firearms regulations.  The UK version of
our TSA, leaves allowing firearms on checked baggage up to the specific
airline.  A call to the specific airline beforehand would be advised.  the
Virgin Atlantic website says they allow firearms, the British Airways site
is a little vague on the subject.

>From a little Googling, packing a paintball gun on a UK airline requires
declaring it as a firearm and the knowledge and mood of that particular
check-in agent.

US air carriers to the UK, probably not much of an issue as long as it's
declared beforehand.

CO2 bottles, better to leave them behind as DOT bottles are not legal in the
UK anyway.

Getting a paintball tank through customs might be interesting, though not
all that unprecedented.  Robotwars had some US robots on a couple of
episodes and the machines are similar enough.

Steve Tyng