----- Original Message -----
  From: Steve Tyng
  To: rctankcombat@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 7:56 AM
  Subject: [TANKS] Re: The Secret to Neil's Success?

  Neil,

  These new Panzer II's coming out of Tri Pact have got me thinking of building
a new smaller tank.  If I'm going to go through the trouble of designing
something smaller I might as well see if I can make it to fit airline baggage
restrictions because I would love to battle with you guys.  Your offer of a gun
and co2 tank are much appreciated and have got me thinking of ideas around the
stock Spyder format similar to what I used in my 6 pounder field artillery
experiment.  I'm not much interested in doing a Panzer II J  as it's been done.
 I'd like to do the Russian counter to the Panzer II J which was the T-70 light
but it had a max armor of 60mm compared to the 80mm of the panzer.  The Russian
tank had sloped armor which gave it a more effective protection scheme than the
Panzer who's armor was almost vertical.  I'm not willing to loose a hit point
so until there's a sensible horizontal armor measurement ruling out of the
powers that be, a Tyng light tank will remain a thought experiment.

  Steve T.