TNA wrote:

> No, im not. Im pointing out the extra features you can get with a
> sabertooth you wont get with a talon. Whether you need any of them is your
> call, but they are there.

I know your not.  I'm just trying to ease the way in for a new potential
builder.  For whatever reason, the R/C and motor control portions of the
hobby really intimidate some people.  From my perspective, it's best to not
muddy the waters in this area for new builders.

> Im not sure what you base your dislike of D.E. on...

Believe it or not, I'm the first guy to install ESC's into one of our
tanks.  The landmark Tyng T34-85 T005 to be exact.  Guess which
controllers?  Dimension Engineering (pre Sabetooth days).  They blew in no
time and the T34 went to a MAG controller.  My next controller was a dual
channel RS-80D commonly used in battlebots at the time.  Blew that one the
second year of battling and had to get a new one for $350 (that was after
spending time and cash trying to repair the first one).  The second RS-80D
is still running after five years but it's being replaced with dual Talons
and a mixer because for the cost of a dual channel controller, I can keep a
spare Talon and mixer in the toolbox.

> Ive also never understood why the old guard on this mailing list insist on
> using the most arcane or feature-deprived methods and technology they can
> find; case-in-point the MAGs and the people who use solid state relays.

Frank answered this quite well.