The motor wires are your PWM (pulse width modulation) fwd/rev signals so
they get connected to the RPWM and LPWM pins on the IBT-2.  You also need
to provide 5V to the VCC, R_EN, and L_EN pins.  Your 3.7V from the toy may
suffice (if not, run the toy at 5V).  Your larger motor and it's separate
power supply get connected to the B+, B-, M+, and M- pins.  Tie all the
grounds together (the ground on the toy battery and the ground on the big
motor battery).  When testing, if the motor is jittery or only goes full
speed in either direction, wire a small resistor between the two 3.7V PWM
signal wires.

These boards are pretty solid and have built in thermal cutouts.  Just
watch your battery polarity.

ST