  From: Bernhard Eversberg<mailto:e...@biblio.tu-bs.de>
  To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA<mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA>
  Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 9:23 AM
  Subject: Re: [RDA-L] RDA Database withdrawn

  J. McRee Elrod wrote:

  > One difficulty the tool had was that familiar terminology was often
  > lacking in the RDA text.  A recent (flawed on my part?) search for
  > "anonymous classics", Arabian nights", and "Chicken Little", produced
  > no results.

  The phrase "anonymous classics" as such is indeed not used in the
  text of 6.2.2.5 (where 25.4 "Works created before 1501" ended up).
  The word index, however, showed only 3 occurrences under "anonymous",
  and among these this rule would have turned up.
  The AACR2 index, matter of fact, neither listed the term as such.
  But the database, of course, could have been easily - and as a
  cooperative endeavor - been enriched with all sorts of additional
  terminology to enhance its usefulness. If only the text were open
  source. The official online product, OTOH, will be a much
  better one in more than just this regard.

  B.Eversberg