Hal Cain said:

>Just what is the uniform title intended to do here?  To serve as a
>one-line identifier for what's being catalogued; to provide a linking
>point for the work content; or to provide a linking point for the
>expression embodied?

Unform titles were a great filing aid in card catalogues.  They are
useful (if distinct) in forming 600$a$t, 630, 700$a$t, 730, and 830
subject and added entries.  Beyond that, they just clutter up the OPAC
display.  If 130, 245, and 240 are all displayed in a hitlist, patrons
think multiple resources exist when there is only one.

The 130 "(Motion picture)" qualified movie uniform titles, conflicting
with the 245 GMD as they see it, are the ones our clients most love to
hate.