Jacqjie Samples said:

>I have a question about recording 300 $b and $c for print serials
>that are >not yet complete

Our clients will not accept an empty 300$a with AACR2, and I assume they
will not accept it with RDA.  They want an SMD, whether it be:

300  $a  electronic texts
they reject "online resource" as too general

300  $a  v.
becoming
300  $a  volumes

Just as $a will change when completed, so may $b and $c.  But they
want what is now known, e.g.:

300  $a  electronic texts (  v. : ill.) :$bdigital file
the PCC PN BSR moves "ill.: to $b, and omits "digital file"

300  $a  v. :$bill. '$c28 cm.
becoming
300  $a  volumes :$billustrations ;$c28 cm.

As a paid outsourcer we must provide what our clients say their
patrons want, rules, LCRIs etc. notwithstanding.

Notice the spaces after $a, which our clients now want to distinguish
"v." for volume from "v" for five.  Whether whey will want the spaces
with "volumes" we don't yet know, but we use them with "electronic
texts".