Danskin, Alan wrote:
<snip>
Treating "events" consistently is a simplification of the instructions. The
decision to include "frequency" in the name of the event is justified by the
principle of representation if the event represents itself as an " Annual
Conference" or the "Biennial Festival".
</snip>

I have been following this discussion with some interest. While I fully agree
that this may be a simplification of the instructions, it does seem possible
that the final product, i.e. the work of the catalogers and of the researchers
who need to find these conferences, could very probably be made more complex.
In fact, it could wind up becoming very complex as conference names change from
one to another based on frequency.

It occurs to me that perhaps the concept of the "superwork", aimed primarily at
serials, will also be suggested for conferences, so that people who are
interested can find the various forms of the potentially multiplying conference
names.

James L. Weinheimer  j.weinhei...@aur.edu
First Thus: http://catalogingmatters.blogspot.com/
Cooperative Cataloging Rules: http://sites.google.com/site/opencatalogingrules/