Mark Ehlert said:

>First author as baseline comes from RDA; illustrators of children's
>books as required comes from the LCPS.

Since RDA's baseline is *far* too low, perhaps LCPS should have a
minimum number of authors to be transcribed and traced if present
(three suggests itself for continuity), as well as a requirement for
correlation between transcription and tracing of authors.  RDA allows
both transcription without tracing, and tracing without transcription.
!@#$%^&*!

Earlier we were speaking of the additional notes required by RDA
(typos, missing jurisdictions).  I forgot Margaret Mann's title
clarification, e.g., "Fire [poems]".  Yet another note?

For me and my house, we are at least transcribing and tracing up to
three authors if present,  and supplying missing jurisdictions in
situ.  260 $aLondon, as opposed to 260 $aLondon [Ontario], does
patrons a very real disservice.  Notes are rarely read.

We are still considering typos and title clarifications.  RDA
represents a massive step backward in meeting the needs of our
clients.  At this point FRBR is pie in the sky, and basic description
is being gutted.

RDA baseline records should *not* be coded as LDR/17 = blank for full
records.  Perhaps PCC could specify a higher standard for full record
coding?