<http://access.rdatoolkit.org/document.php?id=lcpschp7#lcps7-265>

> Casey Mullin posted:
>
>>Preferred Title of the work: Hamlet
>
> No.  The work is a criticism of Hamlet, not the play Hamlet.  The
> preferred title is the French title of the work.

The preferred title (240 $a in the bib record) is still "Hamlet."
Omescu's work happens to have the same preferred work title as
Shakespeare's.  (Like LC/NACO practice, alternative titles are dropped
from uniform titles under RDA.)

>>Authorized Access Point Representing the Expression: "Omescu, Ion.
>>Hamlet. French"
>
> No.  Again, "Hamlet" is the title of the play or character which is
> the subject of the work, not the title of the work.  "French" would be
> added the the uniform title for a translation of the play.  The fact
> that the critique of the play or character is in French would not
> affect the subject entry point for the play.

Casey isn't talking about subject entry, but main author/title entry.
Bib record here for those who want to see the original:

  <http://lccn.loc.gov/87211501>

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 Minitex
Coordinator                    University of Minnesota