On Fri, 13 Jul 2012, J. McRee Elrod wrote:

I wonder if any will use the 260 2nd indicator for producer in DVD
records for the original producer of a motion picture.  (Some include
producer in 245/$c, others interpret RDA to mean producer goes in 508;
test records are inconsistent.  We use 508.)

I hope not, as this would be an incorrect use. RDA defines production as having to do with unpublished resources: 2.7.1.1 A production statement? is a statement identifying the place or places of production, producer or producers, and date or dates of production of a resource in an unpublished form. Production statements include statements relating to the inscription, fabrication, construction, etc., of a resource in an unpublished form.

* Adam L. Schiff * * Principal Cataloger *
* University of Washington Libraries *
* Box 352900                         *
* Seattle, WA 98195-2900             *
* (206) 543-8409 * * (206) 685-8782 fax * * asch...@u.washington.edu * **************************************