On 2012-10-07 12:14, Amanda Xu wrote:

In general, editors are considered as compiler.  His or her role in
the creation of the intellectual content is compilation, not original
one.  That's why title is considered more important than other
controlled access points of a bib.

Here I think we library cataloguers have departed from scholarly practice,

There are several compilations, particularly of historical documents,
which are commonly referred to by their compiler, just as we refer to
"Mansell", which until I requested it did not even have an added entry
under the term by which it us most often mentioned.

I agree with Australian Hal that this question needs reconsideration.

RDA changes some AACR2 practices which were fine, but leaves some questionable
ones unchanged.

J. McRee (Mac) Elrod
Away from my mountain