Whether main entry idea has passed its time I leave for others more
knowledgeable to debate on. In the 1960s one of my library school teachers
proposed we just sidestep this whole issue of authorship and make title the
main entry. As far as I can remember, in the case of diffused authorship, in
AACR1 editors are chosen where AACR2 would choose the title. And if we agree in
the case of editor that it cannot be main entry in either AACR2 or RDA, in what
instances then would AACR2 and RDA be different when main entry is considered
in the sequential MARC environment?

Jack

Jack Wu
Franciscan University of Steubenville