From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@listserv.lac-bac.gc.ca] On Behalf Of Jonathan Rochkind
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:27 PM
To: RDA-L@listserv.lac-bac.gc.ca
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Question about example in RDA 18.5.1.3

I understand why a composer can only be 'creator' (rather than
'contributor') to a musical work.

But I don't understand why a composer can't be a contributor (rather than
creator) to a 'work' as well as 'expression', when the composer's contribution
is a fundamental part of the work as a whole, not just a particular expression
of it.