On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 1:08 PM, JOHN C ATTIG <jx...@psu.edu> wrote:
> To me, it makes sense to say that Mozart composed the Jupiter Symphony, but
> it does not make sense to say that Clint Eastwood composed Million Dollar
> Baby.

Actually in the authority work for music ... one must identify who it
was that wrote the musical notes (not words) for the musical work. So
if Clint Eastwood actually wrote the musical notes then he would be
credited with the musical work. Therefore, it would be correct if
putting a 700 name/title added entry on to the DVD of Million Dollar
Baby to do (something like): Eastwood, Clint. $t Million dollar baby.
$p Musical Work OR if he wrote all the musical notes for all the music
in the movie ... Eastwood, Clint. $t Million Dollar Baby ... of course
this is assuming the music has the same title as the movie.

I think I better go back to lurking!

Thank you.

Jerri Swinehart
MLIS