To me, it makes sense to say that Mozart composed the Jupiter Symphony, but it
does not make sense to say that Clint Eastwood composed Million Dollar Baby.

It would make sense to say that he composed the music for the film. If you want
to treat that music as an independent work, that is fine; you can even treat
the music as a related work to the film work. However, the example that started
this conversation was identifying the relationships(s) of Clint Eastwood to the
film as an integral work -- which is something quite different.

I hope you aren't sorry you stopped lurking, although I may be beginning to
wish I hadn't.

John Attig
Authority Control Librarian
Penn State University