From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of Jenny Wright
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 8:06 AM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: [RDA-L] RDA media types

Hello RDA-listers,
I'm hoping someone can help with a query about an MP3 CD-ROM we're cataloguing.

It's a 'learn to speak French' resource, consisting of a CD-ROM and booklet.
The CD-ROM is also MP3 compatible and will play on suitable CD players.

We have given it the following 33Xs:

336 $a text $2 rdacontent
336 $a spoken word $2 rdacontent
337 $a computer $2 rdamedia
337 $a unmediated $2 rdamedia
338 $a computer disc $2 rdacarrier
338 $a volume $2 rdacarrier

We also wondered about 337 $a audio, but without a separate carrier that didn't
seem right.

Thank you
Jenny Wright
Development manager