Hi all

We're going through a 'library review' here at the University of Liverpool,
which will include a substantial change in responsibilities, including a switch
from predominantly professional staff cataloguing to nonprofessional staff, at
least for copy cataloguing.

At the moment, the plan is to train everyone in AACR2, because RDA never really
seems to actually arrive. It officially arrived 2-3 years ago, yet the
cataloguing world and it's records barely appeared to register it - first there
was the lengthy wait for LoC, NLM the BL and all the other big libraries to
accept it, then the revision, and then there were proclamations of when they
were to be adopted... this year - April, I think?

Is this genuinely going to be the case? Are there going to be further delays??
I don't want to push for the implementation of RDA if we're still predominantly
going to get AACR2 records for another 3 years!

Best wishes

Martin Kelleher
Electronic Resources/Bibliographic Services Librarian
University of Liverpool