Martin,

Hello. I understand that at the least the US national libraries, British
Library, Library & Archives Canada, and National Library of
Australia<http://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/news_rda_implementation_date.html>,
and most of the UK copyright libraries are aiming for implementation on March
31 2013. I certainly know that an awful lot of work and planning has been going
on in some of the latter. The Deutsche Nationalbibliothek (DNB) are apparently
planning to do the same in mid-2013. The
PCC<http://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/rda/RDA%20FAQ.html#PCCTransition3> are requiring
RDA to be used for authorities (although not bib necessarily) from that date
too.

We are intending to try and implement RDA to some degree in 2013, although I am
trying to avoid a big Day 1 and leave aside some of the more tricky materials
types and so forth. The main factor for us is that records will be appearing in
RDA no matter what we do and that we need to handle them in some way and
retaining RDA will avoid an increasing amount of work AARCRising otherwise good
records. That said, I think you certainly will "get AACR2 records for another 3
years"; it's just that you're going to get an increasing amount of RDA ones too.

Thanks,

Tom

---

Thomas Meehan