From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[RDA-L@listserv.lac-bac.gc.ca] on behalf of Heidrun Wiesenmüller
[wiesenmuel...@hdm-stuttgart.de]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 4:36 PM
To: RDA-L@listserv.lac-bac.gc.ca
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Statement of responsibility naming more than three persons
etc.

Barbara,

I can??? Now this is a pleasant surprise.

Only I'm not sure where it says so in the rules. The optional omission in
2.4.1.5 explicitly states "omit all but the first of each group."

I've noted that the optional omission in 2.4.1.4 says "Always record the first
name appearing in a statement". This sounds as if it were possible to leave out
e.g. all names after the fifth. But on the other hand there is an explicit
reference to 2.4.1.5: "When omitting names from a statement of responsibility
naming more than three persons, etc., apply the instructions given under
2.4.1.5".

Heidrun