From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of J. McRee Elrod
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 2:30 AM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Statement of responsibility naming more than three persons
etc.

>However, you can choose which entities to include in 7XX authorized
>access points in a MARC bibliographic record; those access points do
>not need to be justified in a transcribed element or by a note.

This is my major argument with RDA.  If revising, please consider restoring
correlation between transcription and access points.

If not justified, one is dependent on $4code or $eterm to know the relationship
of the traced person to the manifestation being described.  Many libraries are
planning to strip off $4 and/or $e to avoid split files.

I would prefer that the option to omit persons has one transcribe at least
three, not one, for each function.