" do we feel it would be necessary to indicate that there are seven other names
between Albright and Del Ponte, and another six between Del Ponte and Fischer?"

Since the RDA instruction is to "record" not "transcribe"* the s-o-r, I see no
reason why we would need to add multiple "summariz[ations of] what has been
omitted".  So I would think,

Madeleine Albright, Franz-Lothar Altmann, Carl Bildt [and 55 others]

not,

Madeleine Albright, Franz-Lothar Altmann, [3 others], Carl Bildt [and 52 others]

--Ben

* Though now, looking at RDA 2.4. again, I'm not 100% sure it's saying to
record.  The heading for instruction 2.4.1.4 is "Recording statements of
responsibility" but the first sentence in the instruction is, "Transcribe a
statement of responsibility".

Benjamin Abrahamse
Cataloging Coordinator
Acquisitions, Metadata and Enterprise Systems
MIT Libraries
617-253-7137