From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of M. E.
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2013 4:48 PM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Use of ISBD punctuation with RDA. And a workshop.

Ian Fairclough <ifairclough43...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Will they need to know about periods at the end of fields, and ISBD
> punctuation?  I doubt it.

I agree.  However, I still mention this to folks since I can't judge
who does or who doesn't care about this sort of thing.  On the double
punctuation point in particular, I add that I don't lose any sleep if
there's a missing period.

Below is a link to the cheat-sheet I created summarizing what
end-of-field punctuation looks like in RDA records, limited to the 245
through 5xx fields.  It's based on LC/PCC/MARC practice and colored by
the current edition of the ISBD.

<http://goo.gl/p0pWp>

--
Mark K. Ehlert