I'm not quite sure if I'm talking about exactly the same issue, but this is
something that is worrying me:

(Also, I do apologise to be mentioning a MARC subfield, which I don't think
purists like, but it's useful shorthand; also not to give the RDA rule number,
but I don't have access to the Toolkit, but I'm sure readers will know what I
mean)

Assume I am cataloguing a record for a non-English language resource (in this
case Finnish, but assume any language)
but I am working for a library that wants records with English as language of
cataloguing, ie value 040$b eng

If I am creating a 245$c and I want to make use of the option that allows
abbreviation to "and twelve others"
what is the appropriate way of expressing that?
[and twelve others] ?
[ja kaksitoista muuta] ?
The first must stick out like a sore thumb, and I wouldn't countenance it in
the case of value 040$b fin, but I just don't know how to reconcile it with RDA
1.4.

Paul Davey
daveyp...@tiscali.co.uk