"As told to" is a common formulation on books from prominent people.  The
person the story was told to is kind of like a ghostwriter, except their
identity is not hidden.  I would definitely consider them a creator, but it's
hard to tell from the title page how extensive their role was.  This is an
example of the kind of minutiae we get into when we try to assign relationship
designators to everything.  Is it worth it?

John Hostage
Authorities and Database Integrity Librarian //
Harvard Library--Information and Technical Services //
Langdell Hall 194 //
Cambridge, MA 02138
host...@law.harvard.edu
+(1)(617) 495-3974 (voice)