Hmm, that would mean that a change in the 'type of book' would be at the
Work level, which would mean that the pop up version of a story would be a
different work, and I'm not sure I would think of it at that level, e.g.:
Horton Hears a Who

http://www.amazon.com/Horton-Hears-Who-Dr-Seuss/dp/0394800788

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0375841946/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=15
35523722
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0375841946/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=1
535523722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0394800788&pf_rd_m=AT
VPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1SAQA14BEM9500KM52VR>
&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0394800788&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0D
ER&pf_rd_r=1SAQA14BEM9500KM52VR

Or 'Tails', which appears to be available in hardcover and as a board book:

http://www.amazon.com/Tails-Matthew-Van-Fleet/dp/0152167730/ref=sr_1_7?s=boo
ks
<http://www.amazon.com/Tails-Matthew-Van-Fleet/dp/0152167730/ref=sr_1_7?s=bo
oks&ie=UTF8&qid=1368043414&sr=1-7&keywords=scented+books>
&ie=UTF8&qid=1368043414&sr=1-7&keywords=scented+books

But, you might have a point that some of these 'types' seem like different
expressions (Content Type: tactile image + Content Type: text), rather than
different manifestations (Base materials: Hardboard) or even both; so,
perhaps for some of these, I need to be thinking 'Content' and, in that
case, details would have to be in Nature of the Content, e.g., for Tails
(above)

Base materials: hardboard

Content Type: tactile image

Content Type: text

Nature of Content: Pull tabs, lift-able flaps, tufts of fur, and even a
scratch-and-sniff skunk tail

Perhaps we may not be able to get these actual terms nicely placed in the
RDA records, until more work is done on Vocabulary Mapping. I do feel that
the more standardized we can be in using vocabulary terms instead of
free-text, the better it will be.

Hmm, now I'm wondering whether these terms might not turn out to be Objects
(yet to be released) http://access.rdatoolkit.org/document.php?id=rdachp14

Deborah

Deborah Fritz

TMQ, Inc.