"Authorized Version" makes no sense in the USA, except as authorized by a
particular non-governmental body.  The Jefferson Bible was published by
the GPO in 1904, but this was not an authorization.
The term Authorized Version does work in the UK.  According to the
Wikipedia article you cite, it was probably authorized for public use by
the Privy Council and its text was authorized for use in the readings in
the Church of England's Book of Common Prayer later by Act of Parliament.

Larry
--
Laurence S. Creider
Interim Head