Follow up question ... why is it that I see the majority of RDA records
with multiple 264s having the 264 _1 (publication) and 264 _4?

Is this because the only date they have is a copyright date ... so they put
the publisher info in the 264 _1 $a and $b and sometimes $c [copyright date
-- so thus, and inferred publication date?] ... and then they are putting
the copyright date in the 264 _4?

Thanks,
Julie Moore