>I still hope to see a catalog able to answer my favourite query:
>"fiction written by German speaking female authors (born in 19th century)"
>I do not expect Google to do that. Or should I?

Wikipedia actually does do that:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frauenliteratur#Deutschsprachige_Autorinnen_1870.E2.80.931945

However, as a feminist I do object strenuously to this sort of thing:
http://www.freakonomics.com/2013/04/26/is-wikipedia-ghettoizing-female-writers/

Christina Linklater
Technical Services
Houghton Library