Kristen Nortrup posted:

>There's nothing obvious in RDA that indicates a statement on the t.p.
>verso like 'Large print edition' no longer gets a 250.

With the absence of the GMD "[text (large print)]", and in the absence
of an RDA content term for large print, this edition statement is
vital.  It should be transcribed if present, and supplied in square
brackets if lacking.

I suspect some cataloguers don't think to look at the title page verso
unless lacking imprint date,  but we should now that we can take data
from anywhere in the item without using brackets.

Having the edition statement might also prevent an unwanted record
merger?