I agree with John.

Consider each element separately:

Title Proper of Series (2.12.2)

  Source: a source within the resource-good

  Enter it exactly as found, except for 1.7: Champs

Numbering within Series (2.12.9)

  Source: a source within the resource-good

  Enter exactly as found, except for 1.7 and 1.8: 988

Title Proper of Subseries (2.12.10)

  Source: a source within the resource; with an LC PCC PS that points us to
2.3.1.7 where the common title and part title are on the same source, not
grammatically connected-so it is good that the main title and the subseries
title are presented together, as you found them.

  Enter it exactly as found, except for 1.7: Essais

Then it does seem that it would be useful to give the authorized access
points for the series relationship for both the main series, with its
number, and the subseries.

There is, of course, nothing in RDA about how to enter this in MARC/ISBD.
So, you could turn to ISBD if you have a copy. Under 6.6.2 we are told "When
the title proper consists of a common title or a series title and a
dependent title, the numbering of the common title or series title is
omitted. An appropriate note or the collocation of the numbering of the
series and subseries may be given in area 7 (note)."

And an example is:

Geological research reports. Map series ; no. 3

Note: Numbering in the main series: 135.

Then give series relationships for both the main series with the number and
the subseries in separate 830.

So:

490    $aChamps. Essais

500    $aNumbering in the main series: 988

830 0  $aChamps (Flammarion (Firm)) ;$v988

830 0 $aChamps (Flammarion (Firm)).$pEssais

Both 830 will verify against the NACO Authority File.

Deborah

Deborah Fritz

TMQ, Inc.

 <mailto:debo...@marcofquality.com> debo...@marcofquality.com