Trina Pundurs posted:

>It's not clear to me from your question whether you are looking for a
>relationship designator to relate the chair to the work, or to the
>committee.

We catalogue electronic documents harvested from th Web.  Many are
commissioned by, created by, or issued by committees which have
chairs.  We wish to have a relator term for those chairs, and have
found nothing better than "$echairperson", chair of the *work* s/he
may not be.  The person is the chair of the creating, contributing,
issuing, or publishing committee, which is in the statement of
responsibility and/or imprint.   I think patrons would understand the
meaning.

What suggestion have others for this relationship?