It does not make many sense if we transcribe it as "S-h-e". Who cares about
that? users or catalogers? If we consider dash separating letters in the
word a punctuation, I would suggest an omission of punctuations that
disturb a word to be complete. Just my opinion :-)

Thanks,
Joan Wang
Illinois Heartland Library System