Hi John,

I have run into situations where I thought a corporate body or personal
should be a field of activity. If someone has written multiple books about
the U.S. Supreme Court or biographies of George Washington or critical
studies of William Shakespeare, why wouldn't we use the corresponding  name
AAPs as one of the facets of their field of activity?  I believe current
NACO policy is that we *not* do this, but we do it for geographic entities
and political jurisdictions -- how are they any different?

So long as this data element is defined as "field or fields of endeavour,
area or areas of expertise, etc." where else would we record it?

I think most people do need both a Field of activity and a
Profession/Occupation

372  $a Copyright $a Intellectual property $2 lcsh
374  $a Lawyers $a Authors $2 lcsh

372  $a International law $a Terrorism--Prevention--Law and legislation $2
lcsh
374  $a Law teachers $a College teachers $a Authors $2 lcsh

372  $a Human rights $2 lcsh
374  $a Human rights workers $2 lcsh

I agree that ideally the Field of activity shouldn't be specific to the one
resource you're basing the AAP on, but should broadly cover all of the
person's/body's output.

I think the problem is that the data element is called "Field of activity."

Robert