Hi,
I am a medicinal chemist and am using RDKit and the Postgresql cartridge with much success in a small startup project as the backbone for the chemical / biological database and for cheminformatics (Lipinski and such, substructure and similarity searches, ...).
I have just upgraded from RDKit_2013_03_2.tgz to RDKit_2013_06_1.tgz on Arch Linux (but using bison 2.7) and as far as I can tell, the upgrade was ok, rdkit is working fine in IPython.
But in postgresql, I now get this error:
  psql (9.2.4)
  db=# select cpd_no, mol_to_smiles(mol) as smiles, lab_code from chem_cpd, chem_batch
  where cpd_pk = 150 and cpd_pk = cpd_fk;
  ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/rdkit.so": /usr/lib/postgresql/rdkit.so: undefined symbol: palloc
  db=#
I have rebuilt the cartridge of the new version, of course.
Do you have any ideas what might cause this error ?
Many thanks in advance,
Axel