Dear Toby,

exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot!

RDKit and its community rock!

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 28. Mai 2014 um 15:45 Uhr
Von: "Toby Wright" <toby.wri...@inhibox.com>
An: chemis...@gmx.de
Cc: "RDKit Discuss" <rdkit-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net>
Betreff: Re: [Rdkit-discuss] (no subject)
Looking around I see references to a method called Chem.AssignAtomChiralcodes that I couldn't get working so the following method might not be ideal, but it seems to work:

mol = Chem.MolFromSmiles('FC(Cl)Br')
chiralCentres = Chem.FindMolChiralCenters(mol, includeUnassigned=True)
if chiralCentres:
     chiral = Chem.Mol(mol)
     firstCentre = chiralCentres[0][0]
     chiral.GetAtomWithIdx(firstCentre).SetChiralTag(Chem.rdchem.ChiralType.CHI_TETRAHEDRAL_CW)
     print Chem.MolToSmiles(chiral, isomericSmiles=True)
     chiral.GetAtomWithIdx(firstCentre).SetChiralTag(Chem.rdchem.ChiralType.CHI_TETRAHEDRAL_CCW)
     print Chem.MolToSmiles(chiral, isomericSmiles=True)

F[C@@H](Cl)Br
F[C@H](Cl)Br

How to extend this to molecules with multiple chiral centres is left as an exercise for the reader ;)

Yours,

Toby Wright

--
InhibOx Ltd