Which is, along with the inertia that large companies have, part of the reason
that RHEL6 will be with us for a while.
Similarly, a year after RHEL8 comes out some of us will be complaining that
we'll be stuck with RHEL7 forever, others will be clamoring for immediate
support of all the new features, and a third camp will still be stuck with
RHEL6. That's just the way things go.
My hope is that all of those people will be able to keep happily using a
reasonably up-to-date version of the RDKit.
-greg

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 5:01 PM +0200, "Dimitri Maziuk" <dmaz...@bmrb.wisc.edu>

On 2016-09-29 00:57, Markus Sitzmann wrote:
> I get the feeling, RH/Centos 6 becomes the next XP kind of story - to
> many legacies that make the update impossible or very hard. Also docker,
> a great technology that could mitigate this problem, is very painful
> under RH/Centos 6.

systemd, corosync/pacemaker, apache 2.4, gnome.whichever are some of
RH7's "exciting new technologies" a lot of us don't want.

Dimitri