hello Wrenches,
  I have an organization in Haiti that I have assisted with PV projects in the
past. They drill public wells and have a well (4" casing) that they would like
to pump with PV. Problem (one) is that well will draw at ~ 20 gpm and they want
~ 25,000 gpd from the well. I have tried to look at every option I can and it
looks like a battery bank will be necessary and an inverter ( 48 volt battery
bank) to pump at the rate required. OOPPs, forgot they want to use a Grundfos
SQ Flex pump, 16-SQF-10. The gird is "present".....very erratic and stressed,
of course. They really would not like to stress gird further and do not want to
add a generator. Yep, they made this easy. There are more details, but has
anyone designed a PV water pumping system under these constraints and, if so,
what have been your results?
thanks,
tom

Tom DeBates