I do not want to take this on!  The wind, from what I have gathered is an
absolute bust.  Just doing a little online research it seems like they are
getting next to nothing from the wind generators.

From my little understanding of the system and reading replies, I would say
they are buying power, losing 30% of it and then powering loads.

This system was installed by a contractor in Duluth, MN.

Jesse

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 24, 2012, at 10:31 AM, Kent Osterberg <k...@coveoregon.com> wrote:

> Two 1-kW wind generators doesn't sound like enough to provide energy for a
> household except possibly in the best circumstances. If there isn't much
> wind, the system is getting most of it's energy from the grid. The utility
> bill would go up even if they were using the same amount of energy in the
> house. Batteries are energy losers!
>
> What Dave and others have warned about kWh metering issues is also true. The
> new digital meters have many capabilities and the default for most of them is
> to record energy going in either direction as energy consumed. Since they are
> programmable, the same meter can be used to record net energy - behave like
> most disk-type meters; ignore energy in one direction - behave like a
> detented meter; or record both incoming energy and outgoing energy
> separately - a two register meter.
> Kent Osterberg
> Blue Mountain Solar, Inc.
> www.bluemountainsolar.com
>
> On 8/24/2012 6:26 AM, Jesse Dahl wrote:
>> The system only uses grid power to charge batteries, they have two FX3048T
>> in parallel so I don't think the meter is the issue.
>>
>> They did send me a picture of the two wind towers, one is 20 feet off the
>> ground and one is 60 feet off the ground... No wind would be an
>> understatement.
>>

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Aug 24, 2012, at 7:43 AM, David Katz <dk...@aeesolar.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Check to see if their meter goes backwards.  Some utility meters actually
>>> charge for power when you are selling.
>>> Or maybe they have no wind and a new big flat screen tv that they leave on
>>> all the time.
>>> David Katz

>>> 2 - whisper 500 wind generators with whisper charge controllers