Is anyone familiar with the new Kaco Ultraverter
<http://kaco-newenergy.com/lounge/ultraverters/>?  Its a microinverter with
series-connected string architecture *on the AC side*!  Pretty crazy.  They
say the lower voltages (nothing over 60V on the AC or DC side of each unit)
reduces stress on components and allows for greater durability.  Rapid
Shutdown compliant for 2014 and 2017.  97.5% CEC efficiency.  Pricing
targeted between SolarEdge and Enphase, but willing to get very aggressive
at rollout.  As 100 year old German company, Kaco's 25-year warranty may
offer a little more value compared with some other MLPE manufacturers.
The biggest downside that I can see, assuming it works like its supposed
to, is the 8-12 inverter-per-AC-string requirement.  I'd be very interested
to hear this esteemed group's thoughts on this unusual new microinverter
product!

For a brighter energy future,

Andrew Truitt

Principal
Truitt Renewable Energy Consulting, LLC

(202) 486-7507

LinkedIn Profile <https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewtruitt>

Company Website <http://truittreconsulting.weebly.com/>

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional ID: 032407-66

Colorado Journeyman Electrician License No.: 600132

<%28202%29%20486-7507>

[image: 24 copy.jpg]

"Don't get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It's just that I prefer fusion
to fission. And it just so happens that there's an enormous fusion reactor
safely banked a few million miles from us. It delivers more than we could
ever use in just about 8 minutes. And it's wireless!"

~William McDonough