Aloha All,
Does anybody know the requirements for the C-46? I would assume if you
could qualify for that ( C-46) you could also qualify for a C-10 (C-13
Hawaii).
The full license gives one the ability to do anything, and this seems like
the way to go for versatility. "If you can't beat'em...join them."

*C-10 - Electrical Contractor*

An electrical contractor places, installs, erects or connects any
electrical wires, fixtures, appliances, apparatus, raceways, conduits,
solar photovoltaic cells or any part thereof, which generate, transmit,
transform or utilize electrical energy in any form or for any purpose.

What is needed to qualify:

Applicants are required to have 4 years’ experience to qualify to take the
exam. Experience must be at the journeyman, foreman or supervisor,
contractor, or as an owner-builder.

All applicants must have a working capital of at least $2,500. In addition,
all applicants must also file a bond with the Registrar in the amount of
$10,000.

*C-46 - Solar Contractor*

A solar contractor installs, modifies, maintains, and repairs thermal and
photovoltaic solar energy systems. A licensee classified in this section
shall not undertake or perform building or construction trades, crafts, or
skills, except when required to install a thermal or photovoltaic solar
energy system.

*James B. Rudolph*

*Hawaii Unifed*

*Director of  Energy*

*ES Electrician # 10816*

*NABCEP Certified PV Installer # 091209-1*