William,
NABCEP writes no state laws, makes no regulations or policies. As such, the
only “teeth” it has is to revoke or suspend the Certification of a bad actor.
Some states have recognized the value of a NABCEP Certification and tied it to
their solar incentive programs in some way, but not all do that. California is
one bad example, but then, CA allowed C-46 solar thermal licensees to do PV
back in the days because well… solar is solar, right? Idiots...