1.  "... license gives one the ability to do anything, " but maybe not as
well as a solar energy systems *specialty* contractor in California. :)

2.  Experience requirements for both and all may be found here:
http://www.cslb.ca.gov/Contractors/Applicants/Contractors_License/Exam_Application/Experience_For_Exam.aspx

3.  For example, I also have a C-7 (Instrumentation - Monitoring), D31(Pole
Mounts) and D56 (Trenching - Ground-Mounts)

In other words, bump cap, hard hat (helmet), or feather?

Martin Herzfeld, Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC) Certified
Master Trainer ™ for Photovoltaics (PV) Installation Professional #IREC
10037
https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/a54a49a9-31cb-4f52-b35f-9d7c90630bb9/public_url

Adjunct Professor, Energy, American River College

California Solar Contractor License  #00833782  C46, D56, D31, C-7
Solar, Trenching, Pole Installation & Maintenance, Instrumentation
email: m...@herzfeld.org

Contract PV Systems Inspector
Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Certified PV Installer #17, OSHA 30
OSHA-Authorized Construction Trainer
CompTIA Certified Technical Classroom Trainer (CTT+) #T3NSZCNBBKB4QTQG

Registered North American Board of Certified Energy Practioners (NABCEP)
Continuing Education (CE) Provider

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018, 5:01 PM James Rudolph <jamesrudolp...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Aloha All,
> Does anybody know the requirements for the C-46? I would assume if you
> could qualify for that ( C-46) you could also qualify for a C-10 (C-13
> Hawaii).
> The full license gives one the ability to do anything, and this seems like
> the way to go for versatility. "If you can't beat'em...join them."
>
> *C-10 - Electrical Contractor*
>
> An electrical contractor places, installs, erects or connects any
> electrical wires, fixtures, appliances, apparatus, raceways, conduits,
> solar photovoltaic cells or any part thereof, which generate, transmit,
> transform or utilize electrical energy in any form or for any purpose.
>

> *C-46 - Solar Contractor*
>
> A solar contractor installs, modifies, maintains, and repairs thermal and
> photovoltaic solar energy systems. A licensee classified in this section
> shall not undertake or perform building or construction trades, crafts, or
> skills, except when required to install a thermal or photovoltaic solar
> energy system.

What is needed to qualify: