Hello All
The VFX/FX inverters does make use of the X240 transformer.
The transformer itself could act as a step up, a step down, or a load balancing
transformer.
Neither the FXR or the Radian inverters require the transformer as a load
balancing transformer.
The transformer can still be used in its step up or step down configurations.
The FXRA does not use the transformer for load balancing therefore each
inverter must be sized to handle the loads
and any associated surges as required by the ac loads on that leg.
What was lost was the ability of the inverter systems to "borrow" from the
lessor used ac leg.

What was gained.
The FXRA can sell back with up to 10 inverters compared to two of the GVFX .
The FXRA can have up to 9 inverters in a 3 phase system compared to 3 with the
VFX.
The FXRA has seven modes of operation allowing on grid or off grid operation.
SA capabilities are also available.

The question "How much wattage could be supplied by the Radian on a single AC
leg" was also asked.
I put 6000 watts on L1 leaving no loads connected to the L2 phase.
I will add this is not recommended practice.
The loads should be balanced at the ac panel as closely as possible.
But real life conditions are not always ideal.
I hope this helps to clarify.
Take Care All