Will, not only did we get tired of the lack of freezer space and water on
the floor (or creating a science experiment in the back of the refrigerator
when the 1/4" drain got plugged up with food scraps), but all the hardware
breaking or shelves crashing was a major annoyance...
After the new fridge regs came in about a decade ago, we bought a Kenmore
that had a rating of less than 400 kwhs/year. The last time I measured it,
it took about one kwh/day, which turned out to be about 4/10ths of a kwh
more than our sunfrost - a pretty good trade off, I thought. And then we
bought a fairly large Kenmore chest freezer that took about 9/10ths of a
kwh/day to run. We've been quite happy with them since. I know the market
changes regularly and that there are other brands that may be at least as
good for the money at this point, but I've rarely been disappointed with
Kenmore appliances I've bought.
Good luck and happy shopping.
Howie