I agree with the comments that followed on this thread, and would also like to add that Trojan L-16 batteries have a high rate of premature failure. Possibly the 2 V cells are better, but the 6 V cells seem very prone to dying early. Trojan batteries were robust in past decades, but seem exceedingly fragile now.