Andrew, another thing to look out for is to make sure consolidation doesn't
result in non-demand accounts becoming a consolidated demand account.  In
some of our territories, 2000 kWh/month or 15 minutes over 10 kW usage can
push an account into a demand account.
Jeff

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 7:44 PM Andrew Truitt <atru...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks fellas.  Todd, these meters are already on a single account but
> NJ's remote net metering law only covers public entities 😠.
>
> Chris, all meters are owned by the same entity (the HOA).  We have a call
> into the utility (PSE&G).  We do not have experience in this area so any
> advice you may have on how to be successful in this endeavour based on your
> time on the other side of the curtain would be appreciated.  Would an
> entity like this (a community with ~200 homes) typically be served by a
> single transformer or multiple?  If a single then the simplest / most
> attainable solution would be to re-route the 15 meter circuits to a
> pad-mounted panelboard / main meter on the secondary side of the
> transformer, right?
>

> Regards,
>

> Andrew Truitt
>
> www.dr.ventures
> d: 202.486.7507
>
> NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional ID: 032407-66
> Colorado Journeyman Electrician License No.: 600132
>
> [image: Logo]
>

> The content of this email is confidential and intended for the recipient
> specified in message only. It is strictly forbidden to share any part of
> this message with any third party, without a written consent of the sender.
> If you received this message by mistake, please reply to this message and
> follow with its deletion, so that we can ensure such a mistake does not
> occur in the future.
>

> On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 5:57 AM Christopher Warfel <
> cwar...@entech-engineering.com> wrote:
>
>> I used to work for a utility and it is utility dependent. The key I think
>> is whether all the submetering customers are actually owned by the same
>> entity.  For example, a commercial complex may have several building on
>> site, each submetered.  The whole complex could be master metered at the
>> service delivery point.  If so, master metering will save in several ways,
>> most notably the monthly charge, but demand charges and possibly a
>> reduction in the energy charge depending upon the tariff can also occur.
>> The utility should be able to run the analysis for you. I would request
>> from the utility the details on master metering at the location.  This will
>> quickly get you into their domain/processes.  Unless you have experience in
>> this area, it can be difficult to calculate the cost/benefit.  Chris
>>

>> On 7/4/2019 2:09 PM, Andrew Truitt wrote:
>>

>> Happy 4th Wrenches!  Has anyone ever been through the process of
>> consolidating utility electric meters for a client?  We're talking to an
>> HOA that has 15 meters throughout the community for common area loads
>> (clubhouse, pool pump, lighting, fountain...) so they're paying a fixed
>> monthly charge on each in addition to energy and demand charges.
>> Consolidating to a single master meter (possibly with sub-metering) would
>> likely lower their costs on its own, and (more importantly?) would improve
> [...]

*Jeff Irish, PE* | VP & General Manager |  *sun*common
13 Hook Road Rhinebeck, NY 12572
845-876-3767 x 110 | jeff.irish <jeff.ir...@suncommon.com>@suncommon.com
<michael.duples...@suncommon.com> |  www.suncommon.com
<https://suncommon.com/get-the-most/>

SunCommon believes that everyone has the right to a healthy environment and
brighter future – and renewable energy is where it starts.

Energy from the sun can power our lives and build vibrant communities.

Our mission is to tear down barriers to clean energy and use our business
as a force for good.