Hi Jason,

I would use soft start on everything that I can. The
mini-split already is soft start. There is a device that adds soft start to
appliances/loads below.

https://www.raymondinnovations.com/ [1]

In the
future Schneider and I assume Outback will have API's for their
electronics. Schneider has promised me this and with their Gateway, with a
station mode wifi built-in it will be doable. Simple IFTTT routines that
you set-up will do this and more. It can be set-up with voltage and if
clouds come-in, it shut down certain loads. Run loads during sun hours etc.
Kind of the old-school solenoids and AUX output control without any wiring.

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines
don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/ [2]
e-mail offgridso...@sti.net
[3]
text 209 813 0060

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 17:41:49 -0400, Jason Szumlanski
wrote:   In an off-grid situation I'm looking for a strategy to manage
transfer from generator power to inverter power because I have a lot of
high startup load appliances planned for a system. Think 8
mini-refrigerators, one sub-z large refrigerator, and an under-cabinet ice
maker, not to mention air conditioning. I would like to start these loads
in stages if they all call to start up immediately upon system startup or
during ATS switch over. Any ideas?   I guess while I'm on the subject I
should ask about my eye-roll, keep-me-up-a-night, giving-me-heartburn
problem with this ice maker. It's going to be outdoors in Florida and they
expect it to make 25-50 pounds of ice per day. I am finding it really hard
to estimate energy use for this appliance. Any ideas (other than the
obvious "don't do it" answer)?     Jason Szumlanski Florida Solar Design
Group

              --

Links:
------